Welcome to the life's story of Nawny our rescue Labrador...

Thursday, January 28, 2010

One Tough Cookie

The Nawny that I know is a soft and gentle girl that doesn't have a mean bone in her body. This was the case until we met another dog that was mean for no reason. Locked in his yard, growling and barking like he had to prove something as we walked by. I stayed in front and guided her along as she followed behind, when this black dog lunged into the fence at me, a big ball of teeth, black fur and loud barking. It was a tall fence so I wasn't phased, but Nawny, perhaps feeling threatened or feeling that he was threatening me, went into a rage with a hoarse growl and bark, throwing her 65lb frame at the dog with no fear whatsoever. I was shocked! I gently pulled her back and called for her to come along, still amazed that my gentle girl had it in her. She however gave me the look, like "no worries bub, I've got you covered."

I couldn't help but smile all the rest of the way home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment