Welcome to the life's story of Nawny our rescue Labrador...

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hairball!


So apparently Labs shed a good deal, but two times a year, when the seasons change, showers of fur fall out every time they are touched. We thought we had found an exception to the rule because Nawny did not shed AT ALL during the winter. We basked in the false pretense that we found the only Lab in the world that did not shed. HA! Naive, yes I now realize the sad truth.

It turns out we did not find the only non shedding Lab in the world... as a matter of fact far from it. It seems lately I have been vacuuming every other day, hunting down little tumbleweeds of fur blowing into corners of my once pristine condo. My hoover windtunnel series vacuum (with pet hair removal brush tool, yes this is my plug for hoover) has served me well and I have definitely gotten my moneys worth in only the 5 months that I have owned it. I emptied the bagless canister today and unloaded a hairball the size two small chihuahuas. TWO, yes TWO, small chihuahuas. I will spare you the picture because it is rather gross.

However, after her bath today, which I may add is quite tiring in a condo bath tub , I collected a wet ball of dog hair/fur the size of a softball. This is wet... compacted... hair, imagine if this were fluffed out and collected... seriously I think it would have easily filled 2 plastic grocery bags. Perhaps there is profit to be made by collecting the softer down of a dogs coat and using it as fill for pillows... hmm? Anyhow here is a picture of said hairball with Annie's fist as a reference to the hairball. Thank goodness for hair catchers... imagine calling the plumber to remove that mess. Yuck.

1 comment:

  1. lol my dad would kill to have that unwanted hair atop his shiny head

    ReplyDelete