Welcome to the life's story of Nawny our rescue Labrador...

Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Things We Do...

The things we do for the dogs we love.


I used to love the rain. USED to LOVE the rain. Not anymore. Ever since we got Nawny, I now dread the rain because although she will willingly go with me for a walk in the rain, she doesn't seem to enjoy it much. I thought Labs were water dogs? Maybe that only means water in a lake, river, pool, or even ocean and not so much water falling out of the sky. With another few days of rain Nawny has decided to go back to her, 'see-how-long-i-can-hold-it' bathroom routine. So this leads to me anxiously looking out the window looking for a break in the rain to rush and grab my rain jacket, umbrella, put on her blue booties and run outside and hope she does her business before the next torrent starts. Even with me rushing around, the minute we get outside Nawny just trots along until she wanders on a patch of grass as I let out a sigh, "finally!" But no, she stops looks around in the rain and stands there. Still standing... and still standing... standing on this pristine unsoiled patch of green wet grass. To make this scene all the more comical, I am standing there in the rain holding the umbrella over her to keep her as dry as I can while raindrops plip and plop on my hood.

Rain, rain go away come back on another day... Stupid rain.


***UPDATE*** the video links on blogger suck, so I embedded youtube links on the videos in the past posts. Check them out if you never got to see them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment